- To promote the advancement of Capital Region women involved in or affected by the legal profession
- To encourage the fair and impartial administration of justice
- To provide public service and community education
- To offer forums for members to foster legal, professional, and personal relationships
Professional development opportunities:
- Specialized networking events
- Certified credit for Continuing Legal Education
- Marketing opportunities
- Seminars and events on timely legal issues
- Opportunity to gain expertise through committees and programs
- Monthly newsletter keeps you abreast of legal, community, and member news and developments
- Online member directory
Two-for-one membership for all law student and attorney members: Automatic membership in a statewide association of over 3,000 attorneys www.wbasny.org
- WBASNY members may apply for the WBASNY Platinum Plus credit card that offers special features and insurance benefits and may receive discounts from other major businesses
- WBASNY newsletter, lawyer referral service, access to WBASNY directory of members, and a free listing in the directory
- $150 Sustaining Member
- $125 Member admitted over 10 years
- $100 Member admitted three-10 years
- $ 75 Member admitted less than three years
- $ 75 WBASNY Class I Retiree
- $ 50 Non-Attorney Member
- $ 25 Member through another WBASNY chapter
- $ 25 Law School Student
- $ 0 Emeritus Member
Retiree and Emeritus Members
At the January 8, 2013, CDWBA Board meeting, the Board voted to create two new, temporary classes of dues for Retiree and Emeritus Members. These new dues classes will be effective with the June 1, 2013, membership year. The financial impact of the new rates will be analyzed and the Board will consider whether to make them permanent.
- WBASNY Class I Retiree Members. To be eligible for the retiree dues rate, members must be age 60 or older, maintain retired status with OCA, and be no longer engaged in the paid practice of law or as paid members of the judiciary. The dues rate will be $75.
- Emeritus Members. To be eligible for the emeritus dues rate, members must be age 80 or older. The dues rate will be $0. Emeritus Members who have active OCA retiree status will be certified as Class I WBASNY members (and CDWBA will pay the $55 dues payment to WBASNY on behalf of the member). Members who do not have active OCA retiree status would be certified as non-attorney members (and no WBASNY payment would be necessary).
NOTE: Retirees under the age of 80 who do NOT maintain retired status with OCA are not considered WBASNY Class I (i.e. attorney) members and should renew as Non-Attorney Members with a dues rate of $50.